Ron the Botanist wore a hat that said "Ron the Botanist." It looked like this:
It may as well have said "Ron the Socially Awkward."
We walked around the Safari Park for about an hour talking about plants and nature. No matter how hard I tried to change the subject, it kept coming back to plants. I did find out that Ron the Botanist is 33 and he's never had a girlfriend. I also found out that the only furniture he has in his apartment is a deluxe air mattress that cost him 250 big ones, a card table, and some folding chairs. How he expects to bring a woman home is beyond me.
He decided to try to bring me home anyways. In order to entice me back to his place he suggested that we go hang out on the old air mattress and watch some of his YouTube videos about ladybugs. Tempting, but I passed. As a last effort to get me to come over he sent me this video as I drove away:
I think you can get a good idea of what it's like to know Ron the Botanist from watching this and listening to his narration. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment