Sunday, April 15, 2012

Numbers

I haven't dated much in the past month. Instead I've taken some time to reflect. I haven't found anyone who fits me just right, and I'm trying to figure out why. Here's my dating life in numbers:

27: The number of first dates I've had between November and March

3: The number of dates I usually have in a week

10: The number of men that were not normal upon meeting them in person

7: The number of men that I have been out with more than once

15: The number of men that liked me, but who I didn't like back

2: The number of guys I liked, but who didn't like me back :(

4: The number of dates I went to Starbucks

16: The number of men who were older than me

0: The number of lasting relationships that I've had from online dating


My lack of success in the online dating world has discouraged me, and that last number makes me especially sad and discouraged. I'm beginning to suspect that there is something wrong with me. I hate to end a post that way, so here's a profile picture that made me chuckle:

7 comments:

  1. I know it's hard not to be discouraged and ask all the questions about "am i not good enough, am i not pretty enough, am i not funny enough?"...i've definitely been there.

    The saying is SO cliche, but it's SO true. The person who you'll marry comes out of NOWHERE and hits you like a ton of bricks.

    And girl, you've got everything going for you. You're beautiful, FREAKIN HILARIOUS, smart, etc. He will come...I promise. In the meantime, you're learning ALOT about what you DON'T want in a husband ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kasey. You're so encouraging! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome girl.

      And if you need a girl date to cheer you up or get you out a funk, I'm down. Especially if it involves a margarita and chips & salsa ;)

      Delete
    3. Hey! If you're ever down in San Diego let's grab a drink :) I'll let you know when I'm in the LB area.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to second Kasey's comment. She said exactly what I was thinking....especially that last paragraph! <3

    ReplyDelete