People usually get used for sex, money, or emotional support. Not me though. I got used for my zoo pass.
I went on a couple of dates with a guy named Brian. On our first date we hung out for over 6 hours talking and laughing. It seemed like there was potential for great chemistry. On our next date it was the same deal. I was really excited for our third date at the zoo.
Brian was REALLY excited too. On our first two dates he brought the zoo up several times. He'd always wanted to go, he heard it was world famous, and it was one of the perks of moving to San Diego.
When we met at the zoo, Brian barely noticed me. He had his camera in one hand, and the zoo map in the other. He was geared up to go! He didn't speak much while we were in the zoo except to say what he wanted to see next. I thought that was strange since we had great conversations on our first two dates. When I went to the bathroom things got even weirder.
He told me he was going to find the ocelots. I thought he was joking, but when I came out he was really gone! I texted him to find out where he went, but he never answered. He must have been engrossed by the ocelots. I didn't bother to go to the ocelot exhibit, instead I just left. I was tired from my first week of teaching, and I was looking forward to sweatpants and Project Runway. I'm pretty sure Brian didn't notice I left.
It was a weird experience. The only explanation I can think of for the lack of chemistry on the third date was that it was faked for the first two. I thought he was interested in me, but it was just a trip to the zoo he was after.
can you sayyyy PSYCHO
ReplyDelete