Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Rejection

Everyone's been rejected at one point in time or another, right? When it happens you should just bow out gracefully and move on. I've met a couple of guys who I just didn't click with, and when I didn't want to go out with them they didn't take it so well. Here's what happened with one of them.

I met a handsome fire fighter through one of these crazy online dating sites. He was pretty good looking. We exchanged a few emails, and then we exchanged phone numbers. After talking to him on the phone I could tell he was kind of a meat head, and he had nothing interesting to say. I'm really straight forward, and I told him I didn't want to meet up in person.

He promptly sent me a picture of himself mostly naked, like that would change my mind. Ugh. If I had a dollar for every naked/almost naked picture I got I'd have like 12 dollars by now.

I ignored that text. This is the series of text messages I got from him over a couple of days. I never once responded:

Mostly naked pic
"hey"
pic of him in his fire fighter outfit
pic of him at the gym
"hey"
"hey"
"whats up"
"couch date?"
"hey"
shirtless pic
"whats up hottie"
"hey"
"wanna play racketball? I'll only wear my silky gym shorts with nothing underneath ;)"
same shirtless pic
"hey"

Finally, I responded by saying, "Please stop texting me. I'm not interested."

His response:

"What the hell is your problem? You're fat and ugly. I didn't want to date you, I just wanted to walk around naked and show you what you're missing. Fuck you. Later."


I chose not to respond to that message either. I think I really hurt his pride by not wanting to go out with him.

A couple weeks later he sent me one of these:

;)


He obviously doesn't know how to take rejection.

No comments:

Post a Comment