I had plans to meet up with a guy for coffee one night in Fashion Valley. When I got there I looked around and didn't see him which was strange because he texted me that he was inside already. All of a sudden a very large fellow started walking toward me and said my name. It was my date!
Now, this has happened to me once before that the man I met with looked nothing like his pictures. The time before I escaped by telling the guy that I left my phone in my car, and that I'd be right back, and then I just left. That's kind of terrible of me, but I think that if the guy isn't honest about how he looks, I don't have to be honest either.
My escape plan couldn't work this time though because I had my phone in my hand. I was trapped! This guy was so big that my hands couldn't touch when I gave him the customary first date hug. He was a nice enough guy, and he gave me lots of compliments, but throughout our date he was extremely negative, and very touchy feely. He also proceeded to tell me about all his health issues including diabetes, hypertension, shortness of breath, and high blood pressure.
At the end of the date, I said thanks for the coffee and left. He texted me and asked if I wanted to hang out again, and I politely said, "I feel more of a friend vibe from you. Good luck with your search!"
Him: "I don't need luck. You need luck. You're gonna have a hard time finding someone."
The next day he sent me an email asking me if I could be honest with him about why I don't want to date him. I responded:
Yes I can be honest. I liked hanging out with you, and you were sweet to me on our date, but I sometimes felt uncomfortable. Conversations got a bit awkward, and even though I told you I didn't like you touching me so much, you kept doing it and you kept bringing it up. It also turned me off that you have several health issues. I want the person I date to be healthy. That probably sounds bad, but that's the way I feel. I didn't feel immediately physically attracted to you either which is something that could have changed over time if we became friends, but after the rude text message you sent me last night I have no interest in getting to know you further. They made you seem mean spirited, insecure, and desperate.
His Response:
.
Do you guys really think he has cancer ,or that he was trying to make me feel bad? I think he was just trying to make me feel guilty, and he didn't know how to take rejection.
A couple weeks after this correspondance he texted me, "Hi how are you?" I didn't respond, so he texted me "Sorry, that text was supposed to go to my girlfriend."
Sure, it was buddy, sure.
He doesn't have cancer. I'm glad you saw through him. Not worth your time or energy.
ReplyDelete