Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pexts

The process for getting to know someone from an online dating site usually goes like this:

1) Check out the profile, send a message saying hello and a bit about yourself

2) Get response

3) Respond back and forth a couple of times increasing the flirt level

4) Exchange phone numbers

5) Text back and forth, maybe talk on the phone, set up a date

6) Meet in real life

I’ve had a few problems in the past with step number 5. This is when the creepy guys get bold. (At least most of the time. The facial guy and the penis-picture-on-the-first-date guy didn’t let their colors show until we actually met.) I’ve gotten a gaggle of penis picture texts, or as my friend Katie aptly named them, pexts. What has amazed me though, is the creativity that guys have when they send me these pictures.

Example 1:

I might say, “Hey, what’s up?”

Response: “My cock” with a pext attached in the message. Haha, I get it. You’re penis is literally up. Now, I’m not going to meet a guy who sends me a pext, but I do nod my head to the wit involved in sending this message.

Example 2:

Instead of saying “What’s up?” I started saying, “Hi! What are you doing?”

Response: “Just got out of the shower” with a pext attached. Again, I’m amazed by how smoothly the pext got worked into the conversation.

Example 3: (My favorite)

I gave the guy my number, and I had not said anything yet. The first thing I got was a pext. Instead of just his penis in the picture though, this guy had his penis next to a can of Coke. I believe the intention was to give me some sort of comparison for length and girth. It’s hard to tell size and proportions from a picture you know. I appreciated the thoughtfulness he put into his pext. I thought it was original!

I think the logic behind these pext is that guys want to see women naked so they assume that I want to see them naked. Or, they think that if they send me a picture, I’m compelled to send one back. I’ll leave you with the most tasteful pext I’ve gotten. A guy sent me this after hearing some of my dating horror stories.





No comments:

Post a Comment