Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sometimes I'm the Weird One

I've got two date personalities. The first one is cool, confident, beautiful, and hilarious. This one comes out when I'm not really interested in the guy. She looks something like this:




Now, when I am interested in the guy my personality is pure awkward. She looks like this:



Same girl, just utterly hindered by the hot dog suit that is my awkwardness. Here's an example:

I went out with a guy who I thought was SO funny. To me, a good sense of humor is really attractive. He had me laughing all night. At the end of the date he walked me to my car. He went in for the hug, I went for the high five. This isn't terrible, and I recovered.

Next I told him he smelled good. This is also only kind of awkward (right?!), but he lifted his arm and joked that I should smell him again. I didn't realize it was joke at first so I totally smelled his armpit. He pulled away and gave a little uncomfortable giggle because I was being so weird. I felt like a HUGE creep.




...Awkward pause...





It doesn't stop there. To fill the silence I started to sing Madonna's "The Power of Goodbye" and went in for another embrace. That's the normal thing to do, right?

There was no recovering from this. He let me hug him again, but I could tell from the look on his face that he thought I was crazypants. I tried to explain that goodbyes are hard so that's why I started singing, and that my awkwardness can actually be quite charming, but there was just no recovering.

Skip to 1:19 to hear the part that I sang.

:/

No comments:

Post a Comment